The Fisher-Watkins Library at Cushing Academy has changed its focus from printed books and resources to digital content. A critical element of this effort is the re-design our library's web site to provide a more engaging experience for our students and faculty, connecting them wherever they are (the library, classroom, dorm or home) to digital content and tools that support Cushing Academy's 21st Century Leadership curriculum.We will accomplish this by:
- Encouraging reading at every turn (we consider reading to be an essential 21st century skill that can, and must, thrive in a predominantly digital world)
- Provide access to the enormous amount of high quality, authoratative and engaging content not available on the free internet.
- Giving students and faculty the opportunity to provide immediate feedback on all library resources and services
- Empowering students and faculty to add and share their own favorite academic resources
- Providing direction and recommendations to help cut through the seemingly endless number of digital resources and online tools to find what will work best for learning
- Providing a platform where students, teachers and librarians can effectively collaborate online to work on research projects and assignments